What’s up? I’m Geoff Duncan. Thanks for showing an interest in my work. I love what I do.
I’m not your typical wedding photographer, rather I’m an artist with a passion for photojournalism. And I gotta tell you, when you aren’t one of those awesomely sappy people who loves everything about weddings ever, it pushes you to make everything interesting. To make EVERYTHING ART. Every moment. Every look, every subtle touch.
I kill it with a camera, but I’m better with dogs. However I’m best with tacos, which may explain why my dog’s name is Queso.
My life seems like one run on sentence. I read all the books. I don’t know all the grammar. The world doesn’t quite seem to move fast enough for me. Or maybe I move too fast for it. I want to do it all. As a kid I wanted to be an inventor, now attribute that to my creative nature. I’m always a little bit bored. I fell in love with travel, moved around and played the guitar. I joined ROTC, kicked ass but that wasn’t really for me. I moved to Hawaii and became a surf bum.
Still bored. I eventually picked up a camera during my junior year — became obsessed and haven’t worked a “real job” since. I bought a one way ticket to London months after graduation, and with a backpack I traveled around for nearly 6 months. Ran with the bulls, made a lot of friends, and eventually ran out of money in Ethiopia as you do. I decided it was time to grow up, head back and start a career in Austin.
Jump ahead several years and a bunch of weddings, a few awards, now I own a home on the south side. I live with my amazing girlfriend and best friend Rachel, her 7 year old son James, and our Corgi Queso. When I’m not capturing couples moments into art, photographing weddings in Austin and world wide, I’m traveling the world with my lady, teaching photography to other super rad artists or shooting commercial photography for some really awesome brands and bands.
This world we live in is pretty damn awesome, and I bet you’re pretty awesome too. If you want to make art together, hit me up at firstname.lastname@example.org
My Official Very Serious Resume– If you’re into that thing.
- Geoff Duncan is a Wedding and Commercial Photographer and teacher based in Austin, Texas.
- In addition to his high-profile commercial clients, Geoff loves to take on a limited number of wedding commissions each year, balancing shooting at home in Austin with traveling the world.
- During his time as a professional photographer Geoff has spent time with his camera on 6 of the 7 continents. He’s shot weddings and commercial work in some awesome locations– some of his favourites include: Italy, India, New Zealand, Mexico, and across the U.S. (from Savannah, to Hawaii). Whether shooting in the most romantic of cities or the simplest of back yards, it’s all interesting.
- Geoff has been named both Top 30 Rising Stars in Wedding Photography by Rangefinder Magazine 2014 and Top 10 Austin Photogs to follow by Lupoid Magazine.
- His list of clients is humbling even to him: 3M, Levi’s, PayPal, Anheuser-Busch, Dos Equis (met The Most Interesting Man In The World), Take 5 – Hershey’s, Cayman Jack, Harry’s, Miller’s Professional Imaging, Capital Metro, Austin Convention and Visitors Bureau, Still & Sea, Kammok, Glass Is Life, Zero Gravity Institute, Niche
- And he has spoken for real American dollars at: Adobe Creative Jam, Canada Photo Convention, Zenfolio
- As well as just for fun here: SFPP Podacast, Photo Game Changers Podcast
Want more of Geoff in your life? Get in touch now. email@example.com